It's the ground beneath our feet, the soil and sand between our toes.
It provides us with the stability and lays the foundations for all creation.
It's material and tactile. It's part of everything we touch.
Its fertile soil provides nourishment for roots to form and growth to occur.
It's abundant energy and has a strong desire to grow.
It's a wise and ancient soul.
Earth is one of the four natural elements I'll be highlighting in this new elemental series. The Earth element represents all things material and foundational. It is the mother of all life. Working with earth energy is a potent tool when you're in search of grounding, manifesting, and calling in more abundance.
Below is an extensive list of the Earth element correspondences. This comprehensive list is one that I've compiled over the years from multiple sources and personal experiences. Feel free to use what feels right for you and omit what does not resonate.
- ZODIAC: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
- DIRECTION: North
- SEASON: Winter
- TIME OF DAY: Midnight
- MOON PHASE: New Moon
- PLANETARY RULERS: Earth, Venus, Saturn
- COLORS: Green, black, brown, gold, white
- SENSE: Touch
- TAROT: Pentacles/coins, The Empress, The Hierophant, The Hermit, The Devil, The World
- SYMBOLS: Salt, soil, sand, clay, rocks, grains, wheat, acorns, bones, antlers
- PLACES: Caves, canyons, chasms, forests, groves, valleys, fields, farms, gardens, mines, parks
- HERBS: Alfalfa, asphodel, barley, bistort, buckwheat, comfrey, corn, cotton, cypress, ferns, fumitory, honesty, honeysuckle, horehound, horsetail, knotweed, loosestrife, lichens, mosses, mugwort, oats, oakmoss, patchouli, rye, sage, vervain, vetivert, wheat, wood sorrel
- TREES: Blackthorn, cedar, cypress, elder, elm, holly, locust, magnolia, maple, oak, olive, pine, pomegranate, rowan, spruce, witch hazel
- FLOWERS: honeysuckle, oleander, primrose, tulip
- PRODUCE: beet, corn, oats, pea, potato, rhubarb, turnip, wheat, yam
- CRYSTALS: Agate, alexandrite, amazonite, amber, andalusite, apophyllite, calcite (green), cat's eye, cerussite, chrysocolla, chrysoprase, diopside, emerald, fluorite, hematite, jade, jasper, jet, kunzite, malachite, moss agate, peridot, petrified wood, smoky quartz, staurolite, sugilite, tourmaline (black, brown, green, watermelon), turquoise, unakite
- METALS: Iron, lead
- ANIMALS: Antelope, armadillo, badger, bear, boar, buffalo/bison, cattle, steer, deer, dog, elephant, goat, gopher, groundhog, hippopotamus, jaguar, mole, otter, pig, prairie dog, wolf, wolverine, vole
- BIRDS: Blue jay, chicken, crow, goose, sparrow, turkey, woodpecker
- REPTILES: Crocodile, snake, toad, tortoise, turtle
- GODS: Adonis, Aja, Arawn, Bacchus, Cernunnos, Dionysus, Geb, the Green Man, Khnum, Loco, Marduk, Osanyin, Pan, Prometheus, Vishnu
- GODDESSES: Anat, Ariadne, Artemis, Asherah, Bertha, Bhumi, Ceres, Cybele, Demeter, Danu, Gaia, Jörð, Kore, Nephthys, Nerthus, Ninhursag, Ninsar, Medeina, Persephone, Pachamama, Rhea, Rhiannon, Tonantzin, Yum Kaax
- THEMES + ENERGIES: abundance, acceptance, agriculture, anxiety, beginnings, body work, business, comfort, conception, consciousness, cycles, death, endurance, family, fertility, grounding, growth, healing, the home, life, manifestation, money, nurture, the underworld, patience, prosperity, protection, purpose, rebirth/renewal, stability, strength, success, support, wealth, well-being, willpower, wisdom
- ACTIVITIES: grounding, planting + gardening, spending time in nature, eating nourishing foods like whole grains and produce